The Brotherhood functions as a support group for Temple Beth El Israel. Members share a common goal of assisting the Temple to grow and develop into a focal point for the Jewish community of St. Lucie County.
Brotherhood activities include:
- co-sponsoring fund raising events with the TBEI Sisterhood
- hosting the annual Yom HaShoah memorial service and distributing Yom
- supporting TBEI Religious School events
- fundraising by operating a food concession stand at Mets Stadium during
the NY Mets preseason
- hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch for all Temple women
- ushering at High Holy Day services
- providing gifts for each Bar/Bat Mitzvah, and
- funding scholarships for confirmation students.
The Brotherhood Board of Directors meets the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Temple Library. All Brotherhood members are invited to attend the Board meetings. Membership meetings are conducted the third Tuesday of each month, traditionally from September through May. A light lunch will be provided at general meetings, and a guest speaker of an interesting and current topic usually addresses the membership. Specific programs are announced in the Shofar and are publicized by e-mail to all Brotherhood members.
For further information please contact:
Marc Ginsberg, President of TBEI Brotherhood, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brotherhood Board of Directors 2018/2019
President: Marc Ginsberg
Vice President: Ellis Bromberg
Secretary: Harvey Levy
Treasurer: Alan Bornstein
Members at Large:
Len Epstein (Past President)
Richard Levine (Membership)