The Brotherhood functions as a support group for Temple Beth El Israel. Members share a common goal of assisting the Temple to grow and develop into a focal point for the Jewish community of St. Lucie County.
Brotherhood activities include:
- co-sponsoring fund raising events with the TBEI Sisterhood
- hosting the annual Yom HaShoah memorial service and distributing Yom
- supporting TBEI Religious School events
- hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch for all Temple women
- ushering at High Holy Day services
- providing gifts for each Bar/Bat Mitzvah, and
- funding scholarships for confirmation students.
The Brotherhood Board of Directors meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Temple Library. All Brotherhood members are invited to attend the Board meetings. Membership meetings are conducted the third Tuesday of each month, traditionally from September through May. A light lunch will be provided at general meetings, and a guest speaker of an interesting and current topic usually addresses the membership. Specific programs are announced in the Shofar and are publicized by e-mail to all Brotherhood members.
For further information please contact Jeff Kreiss, President of TBEI Brotherhood, at 772.336.0427.
Brotherhood Board of Directors 2021-2022
President: Jeff Kreiss
Vice President: Richard Levine
Secretary: Ellis Bromberg
Treasurer: Gary Cooper
Members at Large:
Past President: Ellis Bromberg