The Brotherhood functions as a support group for Temple Beth El Israel. Members share a common goal of assisting the Temple to grow and develop into a focal point for the Jewish community of St. Lucie County.
Brotherhood activities include:
- co-sponsoring fund raising events with the TBEI Sisterhood
- hosting the annual Yom HaShoah memorial service and distributing Yom
- supporting TBEI Religious School events
- fundraising by operating a food concession stand at Mets Stadium during
the NY Mets preseason
- hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch for all Temple women
- ushering at High Holy Day services
- providing gifts for each Bar/Bat Mitzvah, and
- funding scholarships for confirmation students.
The Brotherhood Board of Directors meets the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Temple Library. All Brotherhood members are invited to attend the Board meetings. Membership meetings are conducted the third Sunday of each month, traditionally from September through June. Bagels are served at general meetings, and a guest speaker usually addresses the membership. Specific programs are announced in the Shofar and are publicized by e-mail to all Brotherhood members.
For further information please contact:
Marc Ginsberg, President of TBEI Brotherhood, at email@example.com
Brotherhood Board of Directors 2018/2019
President: Marc Ginsberg
Vice President: Ellis Bromberg
Secretary: Harvey Levy
Treasurer: Alan Bornstein
Members at Large:
Len Epstein (Past President)
Richard Levine (Membership)